Monday, March 12, 2012

My Daily Spiritual Practice

The following texts are written as a memory as well as my personal spiritual practice checklist... Over the years, I have tried to seek the true nature of the myself, tried to understand the mechanism of the mind, tried to explore the limitation of human mind, tried to explore this world from other dimensions, tried to live a truly happy life, and tried to understand the so-called 'Enlightenment'. The journey start in the past, yet it never cease. Right now right here, I am still exploring in those areas, instead, my interests and scope of studies had been expanded in accordance to the accumulation of knowledge and maturity of the spirituality.

If I am given one word to describe myself, I would like to choose the word 'Compassion' over other choices of word. I may be very well educated, knowledgeable, independent, wise, optimistic, realistic, spiritual, smiling, happy, cheerful, etc, yet I think kindness is the most important and wonderful ability that I have in my life.

I try to list out any memories, habits, deeds, thoughts, wishes, etc in my recent daily life... This may serve as my personal spiritual practice checklist, and I can reflect on it in order to be more mature, accepting, kind, etc.

Without any delay, I write anythings that come into my mind... Let the mind flows like streams of water, fluently, peacefully, and beautifully... Here it goes...

  1. In the morning, I slowly open my eyes, and wish myself, family, friends, as well as the world to become more compassionate, and grow better in the direction of the Light.
  2. I observe things and phenomena with sharpen mind, keep study and explore their causes (origins) as well as possible effects.
  3. When I make movements, for example, swing the hand from left to right or simply flip my palm, I probably will visualize that I am spreading the seed of love and compassion to the surroundings.
  4. I am trying to be mindful in my daily life. Sometimes, I may walk with 'commands', e.g. silently say 'left' and 'right' while I exchanging my pace from left leg to right leg. Besides, I may occasionally sense the sensation between my hand and the touched surface. Besides, I may try to cultivate mindful breathing from time to time.
  5. If I meet anyone who burst into anger, or being drown by the darkness of sorrow, even if the person is a stranger to me, I will silently, mindfully, compassionately bless him/her, and send my blessing, lights, wishes to him/her. I hope that even though I can't directly help him/her, I may help him/her indirectly. Even though this seem quite silly from scientific perspective, at least I know that I have done my best (Hmmm, probably that my best is still not enough?).
  6. I am trying to be friendly with any insects around me. I seldom kill any insects, except sometimes ants (sorry for killing, kill for the purpose of cleaning, but ants come because of my less hygiene behaviors... -_-"). Anyway, I seldom kill any mosquitoes, and probably because of this, I hardly sting by any mosquitoes, even while I am hiking in forest... (Haha, syok sendiri... zzz)
  7. For many years (at least 8 years), my birthday wishes remain the same, and it is going to be the same... That is (1) Purify the heart of human being, (2) Harmonize the society,  and (3) No disasters in the world. These wishes are actually origin from Master Cheng Yen, and her compassion deeply touched me. Thus, I wish as what she wishes.
  8. If I find any anger, hatred, ignorance, proud, etc deep within myself, I will try to look deep into it. Try to understand the origin of these emotions (of course I never reach the so-called true origin), and then try to transform it into wisdom. Then, let go.
  9. Try to be vegetarian, but recently I feel that I am quite greedy and long for many types of food. Too bad, because of my greed, many lives are killed. Need to cultivate more on compassion...
  10. Sometimes, I will greet silently in my heart towards non-living objects, such as a hall, life, room, etc. I wish them to be happy and nice too. I am not sure whether they 'get' my greeting or not, but I just can't stop myself from greeting them if I am truthfully cheerful.
  11. I like my family, I always wishes them to be happy and healthy, and it is my wish that hopefully one day I can share my happiness with them.
  12. When it is raining, I will enjoy the rain and be united in the nature, that is - just stay happily in the rain. Throughout these years, I encounter many people who are sicked after running in the rain, yet I hardly felt sick because of the rain. Probably not the rain that cause the fever, it may due to the intense rejection towards the rain. My principle is if you can't avoid something, then just join it, and united with it.
  13. I wish that I can be very brilliant, cheerful, capable, and strong. In the meantime, I wish that everyone can be as brilliant as me, as cheerful as me, as capable as me, and as strong as me. Moreover, I don't mind if others who can surpass me in any perspectives, and I welcome it very much. But of course, sometimes I still feel uneasy if someone perform better than me, and I know that it is due to my dualistic view (the separation between 'you' and 'I'). Please forgive my ignorance, and I am still learning to cultivate the perfect equanimity.
  14. I learn that everyone of us is sharing the consciousness to a certain extend. If you have greed deep inside of you, that mean I am sharing the same consciousness to a extend as well. Purify the negativity deep inside me will reduce your negativity as well. Thus, my task are cleaning, clearing and purifying. I just hope everyone to be a better person, and the earth can become a holy place to live in. We may not need after life heaven, but we need heaven on the earth!
  15. My love view is simple. I am happy as long as the person that I like/love find her true prince. Love should be not grabbing, it should be letting. Provide freedom to one another, and the love will maintain. For my possible partner, I hope that she can love the world more than she love me, and I hope that she will understand that I may love the world more than I love her. Ha, if you are reading this and you think you fulfill this requirement, please give me a call. Even though we may not get together in future, yet I wish I could know you, and be friend with you... This flower is sent to you, the angelic you who are so compassion out there ---<-<@
  16. I like to cultivate treasure the resources that  we have nowadays. Go green, recycle, reuse, and help to sustain the earth live period.
  17. Sometimes, when I remember, I will try to share any merits that I have to the world, sincerely.
  18. Be peaceful in mind, be compassionate in heart, and be genuine in deeds. That is the principle that I try to follow in my everyday practice, and may this qualities exists in your daily life too.
Getting hungry now, and it is time for dinner... Bye...

Note:
I did not mean that I am perfect and as good as what I stated above, instead I am still practicing towards the perfectness. I am still an ordinary man, who will make mistakes too. We are still learning, aren't we? Let us walk hand-in-hand, together on the path of the Truth.



Boo, Yan Jiong
12/03/2012



No comments: